1. february 22nd is national be humble day...what makes you proud? what keeps you humble?
a) my waistline, b) immensity of the universe.
2. where is the catch-all (aka dumping ground) in your house?
i would say, the desk between the kitchen and my bedroom. not so impressive place though.
3. do you make it a point to visit state/national parks when you travel or even in your own hometown? what's your favorite?
i love nature. but it's difficult to pick one. the nearest i love is the table mountains national park. i choose it (and landscape around śnieżka mountain) frequently as my weekend destination.
and the one i'd like to see again is the bruce peninsula np:
absolutely gorgeous place!
4. how would you define honor?
something people make a lot fuss about in media, but in simple situations of everyday life they don't know where to put it. the most funny thing of "honorable" items is honorable death. it looks like an observation, not a definition. still ...
5. angel's food or devil's food-which cake do you prefer?
i've never tasted any of them, or i'm not aware of this right now :)
6. what's the most recent road trip you've taken? where did you go and how many hours did you spend in the car? do you like to zoom to your destination without stopping or leisurely wind your way there with stops along the way? what is your car snack of choice?
the most recent trip (in january) was from my place to karpacz, lasted about 3 hours, only because our driver went the wrong road (she was using gps of course :E). we went there without stopping, but i prefer to stop here and there, eat in some local place and soak up the atmosphere.
7. recent headlines told how a preschool child in NC had their packed lunch from home taken away and a school lunch substituted by a school inspector who deemed the homemade lunch unhealthy. reportedly the parent was then billed for the school lunch (chicken nugget meal) although an update to the story says the parent was not billed. the inspector was conducting a routine inspection of the classroom-he/she was not there solely to peek in the lunchboxes. the packed lunch contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, an apple juice box, a bag of chips, and a banana. you can read the story here. your thoughts?
very general one: people are guided too much by their governments/schools/other people in crisp-uniforms-thinking-oh-i-am-so-clever. it makes them not too smart and not too interesting to travel with through this one and only life.
8. insert your own random thought here.
i've got wednesday mornings free from work. yay!
and ... my father's just told me that he heard the loud, trumpeting call of cranes (grus grus). spring is near!